What we do
We are committed to the education and empowerment of women & children from socially and economically disadvantaged communities in India including construction workers, slum and pavement dwellers. Our services start with the child, reaches out to the mother, and then to the families and the community. We provide the following services to the community:
- Education for poor Children: Educate children from socially and economically deprived communities. Provide uniforms, books and school supplies free of cost.
- Proper Nourishment: Maintain nutritional needs of the slum children with free snacks and meals which are provided to keep the children well-fed, active and free of illnesses.
- Medical Assistance: Free medical checkups and necessary treatments as required as prevention of disease is paramount to healthy children.
- Vocational Training for Mothers: Provide mothers with all forms of vocational training, like tailoring, knitting and craft-making to encourage an independent source of income for the family. Educate mothers about proper nutrition and hygiene to minimize malnutrition and disease.
- Financial Support for Families: Provide the poorest families with a cow so that they can sell the milk to other families in the community. This provides much needed nourishment as well as generates income for the family with the cow. Provide sewing machines to women who graduate the sewing classes so that they can work and earn.
- Support for the whole Community: Encourage families to participate in different festivals and national events through the school hence promoting the diversity necessary for a health community where the child can flourish.
What we need
We need Volunteers:
- Sponsors for 52 children (expenditure of each child is Rs. 30,000 per year)
- Financial help (the expenditure of the entire school is around Rs. 2.5 Lakhs per month)
At present we have 86 students, 7 non-teaching staff and 7 teaching staff - for this the total monthly expenses are Rs. 2,50,000 (about USD 4,000). We are facing various financial challenges every month. Unfortunately we are yet to pay the installment amount for the S.R School (for the students who graduated to a different high school) which is pending since June 2013. So any donations are welcome.
To donate contact us at +91 80 28541133, +91 9845488807.